These release notes apply to Version 2.0 (Build 265), released on 16 Aug 2010. This release is
suitable for UMLStudio 8.0 (Build 840).
The most important addition in 2.0 is the ability to deploy UMLServer as a Windows Service.
The installer has been upgraded to be compatible with Windows Vista.
The installer has been upgraded to be compatible with Windows 7.
- This release also contains enhancements consistent with new functionality in UMLStudio 7.0.
- Build 224 is consistent with UMLStudio 7.1.
- Build 225 has been enhanced so that multiple logins by the same user (from the same PC) are counted
as 1, provided the multiple login feature has been enabled in the Options dialog.
You will also need at least UMLStudio Build 742 for this feature to work.
- Build 226 has an enhanced License dialog which remembers the last entered Key Code. For security,
the Key Code is not displayed when you view this dialog. If you leave this field blank and OK the dialog, the
last saved Key Code will be retrieved instead.
- Build 228 allows you to use a wildcard for any part of a domain name (e.g., john@*.mydomain.com) for the
purpose of setting up floating license user accounts.
- Build 230 provides a new check box (when UMLServer is run as an application) called
Log Failed Login Attempts. When you tick this box, for each failed login attempt, the
failed user ID and password is written to the License Log.
- Installation script may fail on some XP boxes (fixed by applying InstallShield 7 SP1, in Build 223).
- In User Access dialog, the Move Up button moves the description in the list, but not
the definition (fixed in Build 228).
- When running as a service, the merging of projects results in error "Merge Failed: can't load
bitmap in CreateTemplate" (fixed in Build 229).
- File association lookup in the registry fails for some file type (fixed in Build 230).
- When running as a service, the service startup causes a nag on some Windows versions (fixed in Build 241).
- New build compatible with UMLStudio 8.0 (fixed in Build 250).
- Fixed licensing problem in build 250 (fixed in Build 251).
Copyright © 1997-2010 PragSoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.