Release Notes | Screen Shots |
User Guide | Download It | Buy It
POMS is a complete solution for running an efficient project office. It provides a multi-user environment
for creating and managing projects. POMS can deliver substantial productivity gains in your projects by
fully integrating a variety of tasks that you'd normally perform using multiple disparate software products
that lack integration. These tasks include:
POMS stores all its information in a central repository and provides user access to the information in a
distributed computing environment. POMS gives you considerable flexibility in the way you deploy it in your
environment, ranging from simple standalone to load-balanced four-tier client-server.
In all cases (even when deployed over the Internet), POMS delivers exactly the same graphical user interface.
This user interface is not browser-based, but rather is a superior native user interface, of the kind you're
used to seeing on your desktop. The user interface is much more responsive and intuitive than browser-based
- Creating and managing project plans, schedules, and
- Business requirements capture.
- Recording and tracking of project issues (defects, change requests, enhancements).
- Recording and tracking of project risks.
- Creating project test plans as a collection of test cases, and recording test runs for each test case.
- Creating user-customizable calendars for projects and staff.
- Creating and submitting of timesheets for staff working on projects.
- Automatic updating and rescheduling of project plans from submitted timesheets.
- User customizable reporting across all the above.
- Customizable security model for creating user groups
and user accounts, and assigning access rights
on a per module basis.
POMS is a pure Java application. As such, it is platform independent.
The architecture of the application is unique, in that it utilizes a dynamic client that boots itself from
the application server. The most important benefit of this architecture is ease of maintenance. Imagine that you
have installed a POMS server and provided 100 users with POMS client to access the system. When a new release
of POMS becomes available later on, and you wish to install it, all that you have to do is to install the new server
software. None of the clients will require upgrading, because they will automatically upgrade themselves against
the new server next time users login. This eliminates the burden of upgrading individual client installations --
a time-consuming and error-prone process that has frustrated users of competitor applications for decades!
POMS can be deployed as standalone, 2-tier, 3-tier, or 4-tier client-server. The 4-tier client-server model
(illustrated below) delivers exceptional performance, scalability, and security.
When you download POMS from our web site and install it, you can run it as freeware.
This gives you the opportunity to evaluate the product functionality without buying a license.
In freeware mode, however, the following restrictions apply:
These restrictions are removed once you purchase a valid license.
- You can save up to 10 objects of each type (e.g., 10 projects, 10 issues, etc.).
- You can save a project that has up to 20 requirements and up to 20 tasks.
For organizations that wish to evaluate the product without any restrictions, we offer a free 30-day evaluation
license. You can request this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This offer is only available to
organizations (such as companies, universities, government departments), but not private individuals.
POMS software licenses are floating: a multi-user license (of quantity n) allows up to n concurrent
users to access the system. User n+1 is barred access until one of the connected users logs out of POMS.
Copyright © PragSoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.